The landlord agrees,
- to keep the premises in a tenantable state of repair and to observe reasonable standards of maintenance;
- to permit the tenant on his paying the rent and fulfilling his other obligations under the tenancy peaceably and quietly to occupy and enjoy the premises without any interruption by the landlord or any person rightfully claiming under or in trust for him;
- to pay punctually at all times all rates and taxable payable by him in respect of the premises;
- to indemnify and save the tenant harmless from any loss arising from any act, negligence or default of the landlord, his servants or agents.
The tenant agrees,
- to keep the premises in good order and condition, fair wear and tear excepted;
- to pay the rent on the due date;
- to keep the premises in a sanitary condition and refrain from any conduct which is a nuisance or annoyance to adjoining occupiers;
- to refrain from cutting down, injuring or destroying, without the landlord’s consent, any trees standing on the premises, and to refrain from causing damage to any part of the premises;
- to refrain from using the amenities of the premises in a wasteful manner;
- to permit the landlord or his agents at all reasonable times to enter upon and inspect the premises and the state and condition of every part thereof and carry out necessary repairs;
- not to subject the premises or any part thereof without the prior consent in writing of the landlord;
- if, while owing rent on the premises, he proposes or is obliged to vacate them, to notify the landlord, prior to vacating or within a reasonable time thereafter, of the arrangements made for the payment of the rent and of the address at which, if necessary, process for rent recovery may be served.